
Do you have a facebook or a myspace? If so, do you feel as though your privacy is protected? The truth of the matter is if you do, you really don’t have much privacy at all. The article I chose was the article by Yahoo tech titled, “Is facebook killing privacy—on purpose?”. The article is meant for anyone to read, especially people on the internet who are involved in social networking. In the article the author goes on about how privacy has really gone away over the years. How now people can find out just about anything they want to about you from the internet. The author uses repetition with the word privacy numerously throughout the article. The way the author’s persona affects the way I read the article was the way he goes on about how much things have changed over the years and talks about how privacy always used to be a given thing to people when he was growing up. His tone almost seemed cynical of social networking and how the internet has changed. I did find the article pretty effective in making people think about their privacy. I feel as though the author also used pathos, which was a little bit of fear to get people to worry about the kind of information any stranger could be finding out about them. I think the point he was trying to get across was it is alright to have a facebook or be involved in a social network but if you are you should not expect and privacy because the whole point of a social network kind of takes that away. I found this article interesting because I (and most people I know) do have a facebook so it was intriguing to read about information on the site and how more people can access my information then I realized if they wanted to. The analysis I did for this article was a little different than the articles I’ve done in class because the only picture I had I feel as though didn’t go with the article and it was different analyzing some one else’s blog than an article or advertisement.
No comments:
Post a Comment